Character Traits 1
Character Traits 1
Şimdi bazı karakter özelliklerine ve onların zıt anlamlılarına bakalım. Öncelikle sıfatlara göz atalım.
friendly (kind and pleasant) unfriendly
confident (sure of oneself) shy
talkative (likes to talk) quiet
calm (no strong emotions) angry
generous (giving, sharing) stingy/mean
brave (no fear) coward
amusing/funny/ humorous humorless
*kelime anlamları için kelimeler bölümüne bakınız.
Şimdi sıfatların anlamlarını öğrendiğimize göre farklı durumlarda nasıl kullanıldıklarını görmek için bir sonraki alıştırmaya bakalım.
Boşlukları uygun karakter özellikleriyle doldurunuz.
1. She will make a good politician because she's a very ____ person. She is very comfortable with speaking in front of crowds.
2. Mr Jones is very ____, he didn't even say hello to me!
3. Tom never offers to pay the bill, he is very ____.
4. She is so ____. I can never hear what she is saying.
5. Italian people are very ____.
6. My parents are very ____, they gave me a car.
7. Tom is so ____. His jokes make me laugh!
My boss is so ____. He rarely smiles and I've never seen him laugh.
8. Keep ____ there is no use getting ____.
9. They are ____, they drove away from the accident.
10. She is as _____ as a mouse but he is the opposite he is so _____ that you can't get a word in!
11. Sometimes you have to be _____ and take a risk to be successful.
1. She will make a good politician because she's a very confident person. She is very comfortable with speaking in front of crowds.
2. Mr Jones is very unfriendly, he didn't even say hello to me!
3. Tom never offers to pay the bill, he is very stingy.
4. She is so shy. I can never hear what she is saying.
5. Italian people are very friendly.
6. My parents are very generous, they gave me a car.
7. Tom is so funny. His jokes make me laugh!
My boss is so humorless. He rarely smiles and I've never seen him laugh.
8. Keep calm there is no use getting angry.
9. They are cowards, they drove away from the accident.
10. She is as quiet as a mouse but he is the opposite he is so talkative that you can't get a word in!
11. Sometimes you have to be brave and take a risk to be successful.
Friendly: arkadaş canlısı
Confident: kendinden emin
amusing/funny/ humorous: komik
- Numbers 1
- Numbers 2
- Nouns Adjectives Articles
- Possessive Adjectives
- First Sentences in Present Simple
- This That These Those
- Possesive s
- Questions and Negatives
- Possessive Pronouns
- Conjunctions 1
- Prepositions 2.1
- Prepositions 2.2
- Comparitives and Superlatives
- Have got
- Modals 1
- Indefinite pronouns
- Reflexive Pronouns
- Phrasal Verbs
- Present Perfect
- Expressions about School
- Expressing Habits
- Need vs Want
- Adverbs 2
- Conjunctions 2
- Time Expressions
- Positive Expressions
- Negative Expressions
- Too Also Either
- Making Conversation
- Simple Passive
- Sounding Polite
- Everyday Language
- Past Continuous
- Time Expressions 2.1
- Time Expressions 2.2
- Prepositions 3
- The Relative and Noun Clauses
- Character Traits 1
- Time Expressions 3.1
- Time Expressions 3.2
- Modals 2
- Past Perfect, Future Perfect
- Conjunctions 3
- Negative prefixes 1
- Expressions about Money
- Expressing Opinion
- Modals 3
- Conjunctions 4
- Although, In spite of, Despite
- Transition Words
- Character Traits 2
- Negative Prefixes 2
- Informal Language
- Sounding easy going
- Past Perfect Continuous, Future Perfect Continuous
- Indirect Speech
- Character Traits 3
- Character Traits 4
- Sounding Intellectual
- Sounding loving and caring
- Sounding Professional
- Speaking like a Native